Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Welcome

Hi everyone! My name is Kathryn and I'm a junior in the Social Studies education program. I'm from Arlington Heights, IL, a northwestern suburb of Chicago. Although there is not much to do, I love all of the opportunities available for me there. I enjoy reading, writing, music, and watching sports (unfortunately I'm not too great actually playing most of them).

I came to the University of Illinois for education because of the beautiful campus and from what previous teachers have told me about the program. I'm here because I had such a great experience tutoring and mentoring peers/kids in high school and I love history. My goal, as a teacher, is to help make history fun for my students and to have them see its importance in their lives. Even though I'm in secondary education, I also hope to keep up with research and possibly even publish a book!

I look forward to all of the education classes and what they offer.

-Kathryn

No comments: